..: Seat of My Pants :..

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Crap Ear



So I still haven't recovered any hearing at all in my right ear. I had little idea how much this would affect my life and moods. I get so angry at my stupid body. I hate it really. It has always crapped out on me at so many turns in my life. I have not asked that much of it. Its let me do some great things. I have hiked it, camped it, jumped out of a perfectly good airplane in it, made it consume weird stuff in Cambodia, helped produce two darling children... But it is celiac, prone to sickness, never that strong, weak at the knees, clear of hair on its head (although this doesn't really bug me, oddly enough), a myriad of crappy things. I do hate this body. I probably should have died in childbirth a century ago. And that's just the way of things; how medicine helped me live to see ten when by Survival Of The Fittest I should be worm fodder and long, long in the ground.

Here are some picsh from a few days ago. The RSS, XHTML, and CSS textual links aren't working yet, but the rest do. Click on the first image and then use the textual links such as 'next' to progress through. I am beta-testing a PHP photo-blogging package to see how easy or difficult it makes life to post images on-the-fly.

1 Comments:

  • Hey boyo, I had no idea it was that bad. Mom told me about it, all the jelly and stuff (omigod, bleah), but I didn't realize you'd been in hospital. My heartfelt commiserations.

    By Blogger Jen, at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home