..: Seat of My Pants :..

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Last Leg


Back to work this morning. While it feels like I have had enough time off from work to be reflective of the season, most of that time has been taken up with just trying not to lose the contents of my stomache and keep taking my antibiotics on time. As a result, I feel enormously unprepared for the holiday coming up. I will be getting out Christmas cards this year, which is a leg up from previous years, but the one thing I tried to locate for my wife for Christmas proved difficult to even find despite its commodity value. I don't know, I was pretty dopey that Friday after work anyway with my sinus and earache fun coming on then, although I didn't know it.

Last night I made the preparation for Norwegian 'Sirop Snipper' using gluten-free flour. It sits chilled in the fridge now until the kids and I can roll some out and make some cut-out shapes to use in trimming the tree (Carrie is back at work these few nights, and I wanted to test the flour before we head to Kingston for Christmas). It is a lovely thing to bring these memories of creation around this holiday back to life - so long laid dormant in my adult life. This is more manifestation of my earlier post regarding message-creation for our children.

I actually have to go prepare to leave and catch a GO train - that's been awhile since I had to do that. Gotta really warm up the car now as well. Although its a balmy -10C outside right now, it was -21C the morning I escaped to do some ice crystal images (one seen above here), and if you're caught at the side of the road in -10C, -21C ain't much different.

Perhaps more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home