..: Seat of My Pants :..

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Screw this:

While readings of this blog previously will have revealed in me no love of the state of Israel, I cannot but conclude that Islam presents itself these past few days as nothing more than a petty and juvenile religion. Death to the cartoonists who drew the cartoons of the so-called prophet Mohammed? Screw that and go back to your playpens, those who would be offended. This is what religion does. Purge religion from your mind and free yourself from the shackles of hate and hypocrisy. Herewith, the cartoons that purport to offend, for all to see:

1 Comments:

  • well, I sense your anger at fundamentalism, and understandably so. I think that it is important though, to keep in mind all the time, that all Muslims are not fundementalists. Also, while I firmly believe in freedom of the press, I think that in this case they were using a sacred right simply to provoke, which seems to me to be missuse. We do not need that kind of provocation in the world - we need to respect each other, to care for each other, to have patience with those whose views are so radically different from ours. In this way we remain above the fundementalism and thus are able to see the large picture.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home